Maryville Small Groups
Being a church of nearly 500 people, we realize the challenge of maintaining a sense of family in a church our size. It is easy to “slip in and slip out” and never get connected. For this reason, we desire to create environments where community, connection and fellowship come naturally. We have developed numerous connection opportunities designed to create “a small-church-feel in a large church.” These connection opportunities help us to know each other, care for each other and build each other up as a family. Just like the birds we see flying south in a "V" formation, we don't fly solo -- we fly together to help one another.
- Sunday Bible Classes - We have classes for all ages. Our adult classes are arranged so that you can connect with people in your same life stage.
- Monthly small group ministry - Our small groups meet in homes on Sunday evenings twice per month on the second and fourth Sunday nights. The primary focus of these groups is to meet together to discuss that Sunday morning’s message with special focus on life application and to build meaningful, nurturing relationships in Christ.
- Men’s Group - Every Tuesday morning from 6-7:30 a.m. the men’s group meets to study being better fathers, husbands, and men of God.
- Youth Group - We have a dynamic youth program for teens and families with teens.
- Friday Night Ladies Bible Study - On the second Friday of each month, ladies meet at 6:30 p.m. for Bible study, fellowship, and prayer.
- Ramblers - Ramblers is our senior group at Maryville who get together regularly for trips and activities.
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study - Every Wednesday morning (Fall,Winter & Spring) at 10:30 a.m. we have both a ladies’ and a men’s Bible class.
- Breakfast Club - Everyone is invited to eat breakfast together and write encouragement cards on Tuesday mornings at 9 a.m.
- Quilters - A group of ladies meet periodically to enjoy fellowship and make quilts for those in need.
- Men’s Water Skiing Group - During the spring, summer and fall, men gather together to enjoy fellowship and mentor young men by enjoying God’s outdoors by water skiing and fishing together.
- Thursday morning young mother’s Bible study - Young mothers gather every other week on Thursday mornings for fellowship, prayer and Bible study.
- GriefShare - Grief recovery support group. GriefShare is a grief support group to help and encourage those who have suffered the loss of a spouse, child, family member, or friend.